Recover Close to Home
At the Rehabilitation Center of Alamogordo, you can recover close to home. We are dedicated to helping people get past the hurdles of recovery and back to their lives, work, family, active retirement, and independent living. Click here to download an informative Patient Handbook.
The unit is designed to help you move through the continuum of care and to your discharge destination in the most medically appropriate and cost-efficient way based on your individual needs. We are dedicated to providing the best care necessary to meet your medical, physical, psychological and social needs in an environment that promotes wellness, confidence, and independence.
While in our hospital we encourage you to:
- Participate in daily care such as dressing and grooming.
- Join individual and group leisure activities to help you resume normal activities.
- Eat meals with other clients in the dining room.
- Participate in an individualized therapy program.
What Should I Bring?
We get dressed and participate in therapies and activities each day in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit, so you should bring the following items:
- Clothing (several changes of exercise clothing is a popular choice)
- Rubber-soled shoes
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- Grooming items such as shaving equipment, hair brushes, and make-up
- Glasses and/or hearing aids
- Assistive devices such as a walker
We encourage you to bring items that will make your stay with us comfortable. Please refrain from bringing expensive or irreplaceable items such as jewelry or large sums of money.
Family and/or friends will need to launder your clothing for you while you are with us.
Can I Have Visitors?
Visits from family and friends are encouraged, and their participation in your treatment and educational program is recommended. Visiting hours are from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Your Treatment Team
We subscribe to an interdisciplinary approach to your care. This means that everyone on your treatment team works together to ensure that you receive the best care and that we maximize your recovery. Your team includes, but is not limited to:
- Rehabilitation nursing
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech/Language pathology
- Social worker/case manager
- You and your family
Stop by and meet our Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit team located at 2669 N. Scenic Drive in Alamogordo. Tours are available! You can call us at (575) 446-5523.
“My strength is improving, and I can breathe better. I feel like I have hope now.”
– Scherie Pifer, Liver Disease
Hours of Operation:
6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Call: (575) 446-5534
Click here to watch a video about Rehabilitation Services.