Recover Close to Home
After a serious medical event, a stay in our inpatient rehabilitation center will help you get back home sooner and with greater independence.
The Rehabilitation Center of Alamogordo is an inpatient rehabilitation facility designed to meet your medical and rehabilitative needs. As a CARF-accredited facility, we maintain the highest quality of care you will find in the region:
➤ Patient satisfaction with our care and services: 4.9 out of 5 in 2020
➤ Percentage of patients that are discharged to their home after their rehabilitation stay: >83% in 2020
➤ Patient–reported results 30 days after discharge (in 2020):
- 95% of the patients felt that their health was better or the same
- 90% of the patients are walking
- 80% of patients are getting out into the community for activities
- 85% did not have any emergency department visits
- 85% experienced no falls at home after discharge
The Rehabilitation Team
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech language pathologists
- Case managers
- Social workers
- Prosthetist and Orthotist
- Wound care nurse
- Other healthcare professionals as needed
The Rehabilitation Center offers many specialized programs to meet the needs of our community:
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Brain injury
- Orthopedic injuries
- Joint Replacement
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Other Neurological Conditions (multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, Guillain-Barré, etc.)
- Amputation/Limb Loss
- Pulmonary Conditions
- Cardiac Events
- Wound Care and Ostomy Care
- General Debility
Why Choose the Rehabilitation Center of Alamogordo?
- We provide highly Individualized care, unique to your needs and abilities
- A 12-bed unit, a small and intimate rehab setting
- Expansive therapy gym
- Modern, cutting edge equipment and techniques to address your specific needs
- A dedicated team of physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Our approach to care includes significant involvement of the family and caregivers
- Large private rooms and baths
- A training apartment—to help you get ready for your return home
- Home evaluations by our therapy team with you—to ensure a safe discharge to your home when you are ready
- CARF-accredited rehabilitation facility—which means that we meet the highest standards of quality of care for our patients
- Daily physician management of your care
- Nursing care, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Multiple therapy sessions per day and one on one treatments
The unit is designed to help you move through the continuum of care and to your discharge destination in the most medically appropriate and cost-efficient way based on your individual needs. We are dedicated to providing the best care necessary to meet your medical, physical, psychological and social needs in an environment that promotes wellness, confidence, and independence.
While in our hospital we encourage you to:
- Participate in daily care such as dressing and grooming.
- Join individual and group leisure activities to help you resume normal activities.
- Eat meals with other clients in the dining room.
- Participate in an individualized therapy program.
What Should I Bring?
We get dressed and participate in therapies and activities each day in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit, so you should bring the following items:
- Clothing (several changes of exercise clothing is a popular choice)
- Rubber-soled shoes
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- Grooming items such as shaving equipment, hair brushes, and make-up
- Glasses and/or hearing aids
- Assistive devices such as a walker
We encourage you to bring items that will make your stay with us comfortable. Please refrain from bringing expensive or irreplaceable items such as jewelry or large sums of money.
Family and/or friends will need to launder your clothing for you while you are with us.
Can I Have Visitors?
Visits from family and friends are encouraged, and their participation in your treatment and educational program is recommended and extremely beneficial. Visiting hours are from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Stop by and meet our Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit team located at 2669 N. Scenic Drive in Alamogordo. Tours are available! You can call us at (575) 446-5523.
“My strength is improving, and I can breathe better. I feel like I have hope now.”
– Scherie Pifer, Liver Disease
Hours of Operation:
6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Call: (575) 446-5534
Click here to watch a video about Rehabilitation Services.