The maternity service at GCRMC is dedicated to meeting your needs before, during, and after childbirth. Our unit offers birthing rooms where mothers can labor and deliver featuring the latest medical equipment in a comfortable home-like setting.
Our experienced nurses are trained in using the most up-to-date equipment and techniques available. While a safe delivery is our primary responsibility, we give careful attention to the emotional needs of you and your family.
- Five labor/delivery/recovery suites designed to meet the medical and aesthetic needs of patients, physicians, staff, and families.
- Click here to view a brochure about Labor, Induction, and Augmentation
- A Central Fetal Monitoring System. During labor your baby’s heart rate and your contractions can be watched even when the nurse is not in your room.
- We also offer telemetry monitoring so that you can walk while being monitored.
- Classes offered for both before and after delivery include:
— Classes offered monthly for siblings
— Prenatal Childbirth Education
— Lactation Consultant on staff (COMING SOON)
Click here to find more information about classes offered: Prenatal Education Opportunities
- High Risk OB Clinic
- GYN services
- Well Born Nursery
- Special Care Nursery for the infant who needs special attention.
- Rooming-in with nurse support 24 hours a day
- Natus infant hearing screen testing.
Dr. Ruthven Sampath and Dr. Norman Lindley offer only gynecological services. However, all of our OB/GYN providers also offer comprehensive gynecological services.
Our all-nursing staff is committed to providing you with the very best care.
- We have visiting guidelines to protect our patients, their families, other visitors, and staff from potentially contagious disease.
- Visitors are allowed between the hours of 9 am-9 pm at our main entrance in the waiting room.
- We are a secured unit. Visitors must use the buzzer in the hallway to gain entrance.
During heightened flu awareness, usually October thru March, only 4 designated visitors + father of the baby and or support person will be allowed on the unit. In severe flu outbreaks, the patient will only be allowed to have the father of the baby and/or the support person visit the mother for the duration of the stay.
Hours of Operation:
Open 24/7 for patients