Where you can get quality care close to home.
Here is some information that will help you prepare for your first visit as well who our providers are and what Champion Cancer Center can do for you.
Champion Cancer Center’s treatment regimens have been found to be similar if not comparable to larger facilities out of town.
Before Your First Appointment
You will need a referral with clinical documentation indicating diagnosis.
Our providers will review the clinical documents and contact you for your first appointment.
Preparing For Your Visit
What to bring:
- One valid form of photo identification (driver’s license, state ID, military ID or passport).
- Current insurance card(s).
- A list of current physicians with addresses and phone numbers.
- A detailed list of medications, including dose amount and how often. Also, be sure to bring your pharmacy information.
- A list of allergies.
- A small notebook for writing notes and questions.
- A laptop or mobile device. You can use our free wireless network to connect to the internet.
- A book or magazine to read.
- We encourage family members to attend to be able to talk with the provider about treatment options.
What to Expect at Your First Visit
- Check in 30 minutes prior to appointment time to complete registration paperwork.
- The provider will discuss treatment regimens per national guidelines.
- Additional Tests or referrals may be ordered at this time.
- Next steps will be discussed with you and your family. Depending on regimen treatment could start right away.
- The authorization process for your treatment regimen will be initiated (even though Champion Cancer Center accepts most insurances, it does not guarantee approval of all treatment regimens.
- Case by case assessment does apply. Financial advisers are available upon request.)
*If by chance your required treatment is not provided our staff will do our best to facilitate a referral to the appropriate facility.
The following links are great resources for information:
MEET OUR PROVIDERS
Katrina Ann Rolen, MD, is the medical director of Champion Cancer Center. She received her medical degree and completed her residency at Saint Louis University in St. Louis, MO., is board certified in medical oncology and hematology and an ABIM Diplomate in Hematology and Medical Oncology. Dr. Rolen has been in practice for 11 years. In her free time she enjoys competing in triathlons, showing dogs and traveling.
Heather Podhajecki, AOCNS, received her Master of Science in Nursing with honors from NMSU, Las Cruces. She completed her BA in Biology at UNM, Albuquerque. Heather’s memberships include Advanced Oncology Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist, National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists and National Nursing Honor Society. She has been a nurse for 19 years and with GCRMC since 2000. In her free time she enjoys the outdoors and the local culture.
2559 Medical Drive, Suite G
Alamogordo, NM 88310
Office: (575) 446-5575
Fax: (888) 987-7127