Our Cardiac Rehabilitation program focuses on helping you get your heart healthy again through specially individualized treatment plans.
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG)
- Current stable angina pectoris
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA)/ or coronary stenting
- Heart or heart-lung transplant
- Heart Failure and those with ventricular assist devices
- Coronary artery disease equivalents such as diabetes or peripheral artery disease
- Patients with diabetes
- Peripheral arterial disease
Our Program Benefits:
- 20-30% reduction in all-cause mortality rates
- Decreases mortality at up to 5 years post participation
- Reduced symptoms (angina, dyspnea, fatigue)
- Reduction in nonfatal recurrent myocardial infarction over median follow-up of 12 months
- Improves adherence with preventive medications
- Increased exercise performance
- Improved lipid panel (total cholesterol, HDL [good cholesterol], LDL [bad cholesterol], and triglycerides)
- Increased knowledge about cardiac disease and its management
- Enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living
- Improved health-related quality of life
- Improved psychosocial symptoms (reversal of anxiety and depression, increased self-efficacy)
- Reduced hospitalizations and use of medical resources
- Return to work or leisure activities
Early Heart Attack Care (or EHAC) education teaches you to recognize the early signs and symptoms of a heart attack. Why? We want you to become an active bystander so you can save a life – even if it’s yours.
Download the EHAC brochures in English or Spanish, to learn more!
Hours of Operation:
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Monday & Wednesday
Call: (575) 443-2746 or (575) 443-7680
2669 Scenic Drive
Alamogordo, NM 88310