Starting Wednesday March 25, 2020
To protect our patients and staff during the increased risk of exposure to COVID-19 virus, no visitors will be allowed in the facility. In special circumstances, up to two visitors per patient may be permitted for patients undergoing end-of-life care, pediatric patients, emergency surgery and Cardiac Catherization. Labor and delivery patients may have one support person.
For those visitors allowed and ambulatory patients for lab, diagnostic imaging, cardiopulmonary and infusion the following applies:
- Visitors experiencing flu-like symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, fever) or have travel history to a high risk area in the past 14 days or have been exposed to COVID-19 are prohibited from entering the facility unless seeking care.
- Visitors will be screened upon entry to facility and temperature taken to rule out fever.
- We encourage family members and/or non-visitors to utilize “tele-visit” options such as phone calls, Facetime, Skype, WhatsApp and other online platforms.
For more information on our full Visitor Policy contact our Director of Marketing and Guest Relations, Lillie Lewis at 575-443-7850.
Criteria for Coronavirus testing
Updated testing criteria for COVID-19
April 1, 2020
New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) has updated its guidance for COVID-19 testing criteria to allow testing for patients without symptoms of respiratory infection if:
- The patient is a close contact or household member of a confirmed COVID-19 case OR
- The patient is a nursing home resident OR
- The patient is in a congregant setting such as a homeless shelter, group home, or detention center
For patients who are asymptomatic and do not fit the criteria described above, NMDOH does not recommend testing.
NMDOH also recommends prioritizing testing for symptomatic (fever, cough and/or shortness of breath) patients who in the 14 days prior to illness onset:
- The patient visited any international or U.S. domestic location OR
- The patient had contact with another confirmed COVID-19 case OR
- The patient is 65 years or older and/or has a chronic condition (e.g., heart disease, diabetes, lung disease)
Testing is done by appointment only. Call the scheduling line 575-443-7505 to schedule for the COVID-19 testing.
GCRMC Satellite Lab is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Located at 1410 Aspen Dr., Alamogordo, NM 88310
GCRMC has established a patient information line for the community. Please call 575-446-5800 to:
- Get details on how to get tested for Coronavirus.
- Hospital Visitation Infomation and Guidelines.
- Get answers to other questions or concerns.