||For Family and Friends|
The staff at GCRMC is proud to support a non-smoking campus.
Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit; however, patient care is our primary concern. The facility has established an open visitor policy based upon an ability to provide a healing environment. We wish to provide:
Visiting hours and regulations are available at the information desk. Please follow these guidelines. If you need additional information, please check with the nurse on the unit.
- Optimal rest necessary for the healing process to take place.
- An open visiting policy that is optimal to all patients.
- The hospital reserves the right to limit visitation based on the medical status of its patients or by patient request.
- No children under the age of fourteen (14) with the exception of:
- Siblings of newborns
- Children of patients
Any personal information about your diagnosis and treatment must come from your physician, and this information is only available to members of your immediate family whom you designate to receive it.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital, or on the hospital grounds.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats, or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Visitors are welcome to utilize the courtyard.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors. During certain hours, a volunteer hostess is on duty in the surgery waiting room to keep the family members informed about the progress of surgery.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients. Please check with the nurse to make sure your gift is appropriate. On the intensive care unit, please check with the unit regarding any gifts for patients.
The gift shop, staffed by volunteers, is open 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The shop has gift items, jewelry, magazines, greeting cards, candy, toiletries, flowers, and plants. The Gift Shop phone number is ext. 7875.